In the 1990s, the castle provided a home for a creative camp of local and foreign artists, who, in return, donated some of their works to the permanent exhibition.
The memorial room of János Lavotta (1764–1820) can also be found in the castle. The famous folk violinist and composer settled here after his travels. His grave is in the Tállya cemetery.
The embroidery works of the Folk Art Association of Hegyalja Craftsmen are displayed in the castle as well. The traditional Hungarian embroidery style of the 16-17th centuries combine Western and Oriental elements. As an expert researcher into this style, Éva Tarnóczy (Mrs. Schneider) was the founding president of the association. In the summer of 2015, her memorial column was inaugurated in the court of the Maillot Castle.
Address: 10 Rákóczi utca